WPJA (aka the Wedding Photojournalist Association) is an award competition that is near and dear to my heart. I appreciate that they recognize and appreciate documentary wedding photography, and that their judges are seasoned newspaper photojournalists, and so it is the only competition I enter each and every year. There is nothing more thrilling than capturing emotional, funny, unexpected, weird, and unique moments at weddings, and the challenge of capturing these storytelling photos creatively and thoughtfully is what keeps me coming back year after year.
I was thrilled to find out that in 2022 that I placed 20th in the world, 5th in the US, and 1st in Maine! It's such an honor to be among some of the most talented wedding photojournalists in the country, and these contests always push me to be a better photographer, challenging me to see unfolding moments in new ways.
Thanks to the couples who allowed me to capture these award winning photos:
- Kathryn & Oskar's The View at Pepperrell Cove Wedding
- Jenie & Brian's Acadia Elopement
- Erin & John's Winter Acadia Elopement
- Ellie & Lucas' New England Outdoor Center Wedding
- Wes & Madison's Chebeague Island Inn Wedding
- Katherine & Jose's Primo Restaurant Wedding
- Amy & Armando's French's Point Wedding
- Ames & Lance's Islesford Dock Wedding
The 2023 wedding season is so close I can almost taste it! Can't wait to be back behind the camera, showing my couples how much love and happiness I witness at their weddings. See you all soon!
The photos below are the ones that placed in the 2022 wedding competition. Enjoy!
Share this story