(Day 1/30 of the 30 day blog challenge)
Some of the coolest things that I ever do in my life are often brought on by challenges that I set forth for myself.
A few examples:
- I trained for and ran a marathon in late 2011 (having only begun running in late 2009)
- I wrote a novel during the course of a month in 2010 (NaNoWriMo!)
- I created a photography business.
All of these, really, had the potential for failure. I could have failed to hit the 50,000 word count for NaNoWriMo. I could have quit halfway through marathon training. I could have given up my business and decided to do something easier.
But I didn’t fail, for two large reasons:
- I was passionate about these three ventures. I wanted to succeed because I cared so much about all three of them.
- I told everyone I could about my marathon, novel, and business, so that I was accountable for my actions should I decide to quit.
Ever since I watched Tim King set forth on his 30 day blog challenge, to write a blog post a day for a month, I’ve wanted to do the same thing. There’s something courageous about putting yourself out there for a month. I’ve wanted to do it so badly, actually, but it makes me nervous, so to make it happen, like I’ve done in the past, I’m telling you all about it so that I can’t wuss out! I’m not even sure if I’m interesting enough for people to WANT me to write for 30 days straight, but I’m hoping that there are a few of you out there who are intrigued to see what I come up with. I already have a few really cool posts planned that I can’t wait to share with you all, about my business, myself, and about random things that happens in my life.
I’m also hoping that a few bloggers will join me on this venture. C’mon! What’s the worst thing that could happen? :)
And, to end, let me share a photo I took of Tony today. I finally invested in an iPad and decided to try out Instagram, which seems to be what everyone is talking about these days!