Hi there– welcome to my site! In a nutshell, I’m a Maine wedding photographer (located in Bangor) who believes photography should be evocative, authentic, timeless and joyful, and ultimately reflective of who you are and whom you love. I’m a big fan of capturing storytelling images, emotional moments, and portraits that encompass the Maine landscape, no matter whether the coastline, mountains, or woods are the backdrop of your wedding day, because I love them all!
I discovered photography in high school, and at the time shot with film and created my own prints in a darkroom. While I now work with digital cameras, my background in film provided me with a solid education with composition and exposure that has since influenced my current work. I ultimately thought I’d be an English professor, but eventually realized that the joy I felt creating portraits and capturing memories was more substantial than anything I had ever felt in the classroom. I haven’t looked back since, and let me tell you– I definitely made the right decision.
What else should I share?
- I ran a marathon in 2011 and it was one of most fulfilling things I have ever done in my life, because, well, 26.2 miles is a long distance to travel with just your two feet.
- Daredevil activities thrill me, like skydiving. I’ll be jumping out of a plane again this spring!
- Writing has always been a passion of mine, so a few years ago I participated in NaNoWriMo and wrote a novel in a month, which I never plan to publish because nobody should be put through the pain of reading it. Seriously. I still love it, though.
- I’m a voracious reader and sometimes I review my favorite books on Wednesdays. Let me know what you’ve read recently and loved when you contact me so I can add them to my reading list!
- I was married in 2010 to my amazing husband, Tony, who is always helping me to become a better person and partner in life. And, he sometimes reminds me of Ben Wyatt from Parks and Recreation, which, of course, makes me adore him even more.
This is my story. Let me help you tell yours.